Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
Dear @bimasta : I can be wrong but does not means I posted because an " idea/imagination " .

R.
Then state your source. I have no idea whether you’re right or wrong. And I never said or suggested you made it up. I’ve searched the internet and can’t find an ss300 owner manual, even in Japanese. I’m just curious; that’s my nature.
Raul, I’m sure your memory is very clear, based on your reading at the time, that the hole in the SAEC mat is there to match holes in the LPs. Maybe way back when, it was cool to drill little holes in our records.

I remember a time when I’d remove an LP from the TT, set it safely on its cover lying on the floor before putting it away — and my girlfriend would step on it while coming to kiss me.

No problem, just buy a new copy at Record Hunter for $4.

Nowadays that record might be so rare it’s priceless, and a hole would be unthinkable.

But to reply to a mild word like "dubious" with "How dare you" seems a bit over-sensitive.
Auto correct got me in that last post. I meant to say, “I THINK what we have here is a failure to communicate.”
The quote is from the movie  “cool hand Luke”, for those of us who are old enough to remember it.