Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
Dear @halcro and friends: I don’t know whom was your " friend " that told you about the 101 but his advise wa a true deceive even a true fraud because it’s a deceive think or let some one thinks that something is way beeter that what in reality it’s.

As I posted here and elsewhere from years is that the 101 is nothing more than one more TT from the pile/bunch of TTs in those times and certainly nothing especial as you still think today. Not even its superior big brother 801, not even this!

Your 101 dream in reality is a " nigthmare " and I understand that with all the time and money that you puts on it as other 101 owners you must " be satisfied " with because you already wasted time and money on it. So no one can says it’s not a true top tier.

Take a look to any of these members of that big TT pile/bunch that not only competes with the 101 but all outperforms it and between other things measures a lot better than the 101 and please if you can’t understand yet how with out hearing an item I can have an opinion on it then don’t give me your answer:

Pioneer: PL1/3F/5L/7l/70L, Denon: DP75/59L, Sony 555/X700, Yamaha: GT750/D71, JVC: 44F/66/A70/75 and many many other TTs.

Of course that you can go on with your " nigthmare " and even the worst nigthmare /dream finishs through the time.

Any one can beats the 101 with the SL- 1200G/1200GR that comes with tonearm included!!

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.

Hi Halcro, 

I don't know the the patent applies due to the date as pointed out.  Appears to be interesting reading that I hope to get to at some point.
 I doubt any of this stuff can be repaired if something goes simply because the parts likely don't exist

wrong thinking, of the Technics 1200 lies almost everything.
Dear friends: If we analizes step by step this thread and all the posted facts coming from each one of us we can think or better yet I think on it as what happens with a horse/gazelle stampedes where each member runs with out no single and true reason and runs because one to " nervous " member started to run to stay aways from " danger " that not really exist where some of those horses’s stapedes ends when the horses falls down a precipice.

There are several facts that tell us that exist no reason to the 101 " stampede " where no one of you stampede’s members never asked why you run and followed running till falls down: down there.

The " nervous " member that started the stampede not only " figured " that the 101 competes with the SP10MK2/3 or DP-100 or Exclusive P3 or Yamaha GT2000 or other top vintage or today units. Obviously the facts tell and told to all the stampede’s members that the 101 just can’t competes at that level and that’s only one parte of the average mediocrity even its price tell us:

when the mid-fi ( not top tiers. ) Denon ( 70/75 ), Technics ( SP15/25. ), Marantz, Pionners, Onkyo and even JVC models were all marketed with way higher prices than the 101 no one of you took in count. Even the JVC 70 that came with plinth and tonearm its price was only 65K yens ( higher than the 101 and like other 10 JV models the 70 came with coreless motor and double directional servos. ) when the P3 was 650K yens and the DP-100 900K yens and the Final or MS 1800K yens ! !

@halcro do you need more evidence on why I write here that this thread is the " century’s stampede " a glorious one where all the stampede’s members unfortunatily are in that deep cliff.

No, there are so many reasons why I was not a stampede member.

No one of you stopped ( at some time. ) to ask your self: hey what am I doing with? where are those reward? why is worth to do it?

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.