Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
The Yamaha GT 2000 does things that I didn't think turntables could do
Err....feed the dog?
Shine your shoes?
Help me out here.....🤔
Besides worming the hogs and getting those icky stains off my collars, it has a way with subtle background detail and dynamics that nothing else I've heard seems to nail.
Hallo,
interesting discussion .... I also we do here because for some time I got hold of a turntable JVC TT-101.

My model is a sample version..... It does not seem to brushed aluminum and anodized but left natural finish, serial number 10100575
Mystery?
Congratulations, JP.  Perhaps having my TT101 in your shop had something to do with your pursuing the new purchase.  So far as I can tell, the finish on your escutcheon (the decorative rim that shows above the plinth and bears the switch panel) is the same as on mine.  Yes?
I'll check my SN and report it here.  

My TT101 was an "export" version, in that it can be adapted to work on 100V, 120V, or 220V, by selecting among power transformer primary windings.  I read that these were sold to US service men stationed in Japan, probably among many others who needed other than 100VAC.
Although my TT101 was not NOS, it obviously had had very little use prior to my purchase of it.  Possibly this is because the tiny crack in the PCB, that was causing it to fail intermittently, plagued all previous owners, as well as me, until JP identified the problem and repaired it.

I was in NYC for Thanksgiving and several days thereafter, and I thought about bringing you (JP) my SP10 Mk3 PS, so you could install your chip and re-calibrate it, but in the final analysis I figured it was best to send you the PS, when the time comes.  Meantime, I have no problems with the Mk3.
Wow big turntables Technics  mk3 and also mk2.

I finished these days to restructure my Mk2 working about 18 months but only in limited time ....... but I'm happy because everything is back exactly like new.After a while I will also restore the TT-101 and aesthetically and electronically have big problems and is not perfect.