Vincent SV-236 vs Rowland Concentra 2?

I'm looking for an integrated amp to drive my Proac D15 speakers in a medium sized room (16' x 19'). A used Concentra 2 would be at the upper end of my budget, whereas the Vincent SV-236 would be no problem.

Can anyone comment on the relative strengths of each? How much more (if anything) would I get by stretching for the Rowland and which would be more compatible with my Proacs? Are there any other integrateds should I consider for these speakers?

I listen to all types of music, so I'd like to avoid gear that lends itself to particular musical genres. I prefer a warm, smooth sound -- I'm pretty intolerant of brightness, grain, and sibilance in case that helps.

Thanks for the help!
chouca

Showing 1 response by nolitan

I would probably save up for the Concentra since that is one of the best integrateds money can buy, if not the best.
Proac are revealing speakers and the better you feed them, the better they sound.
Another amp i can highly recommend with the Proac would be the Audio Research VS55integrated amp. THese worked well with the Proac D25 so it should drive you D15 a lot easier.
Good luck