Vincent Audio SV-500 Arriving Today

So I have a Vincent Audio SV-500 arriving today.

Pretty excited and not sure what I am going to experience (something good I hope of course!)
They will be connected to Martin Logan Motion 40’s, Questyle CMA400i DAC and Denon dp-300f TT with a Ortofon 2M Blue, Hi Res music from my HTPC (DSD and other Flac Files).

Since the Vincent does not have a phono stage for now, I will need to use the built in phono in the Denon.

And I will be comparing to my current source, a Denon AVR-5700.Perhaps not as much power as the Denon but am hoping that I am going to like.
I think the following will happen:
- I absolutely love it and stay with it- I don’t see a big difference from the Denon and return it- I don’t like the sound of a Hybrid Amp and return it and get a SS Amp (maybe a Yamy AS1100 or 2100)- I like it very much and get curious about the SV-237MK and so exchange for that
Got roughly 30 days to figure it out.
We’ll see....
128x128jay73
@rickytickytwoT
Thanks for chiming in.
Can I ask, how long have you had it and what equipment are you hooked up to?

@jay73  I have a Rotel RA-1572 and this may or may not be of interest.

If you listen to rock music, be aware that busy and/or dense passages of music don't work so well with the RA-1572.  When the music gets busier / denser, the bottom end all but disappears and the sound stage becomes notably narrower.  I did an A/B with another amp to make sure it wasn't something else at fault in the system but it's definitely the RA-1572.

It's frustrating because more laid back music generally sounds really good.

Tracks to test the issue include, say, "Enter Sandman" by Metallica; "Dark Star" by Fish (album 13th Star).  Also, the heavier material by Evanescence.

One track that perfectly illustrates the lovely side of the RA-1572 but also the issue mentioned above is "Just Can't Let You Go" by Gary Moore (version from the compilation album "Beyond The Blues").  When it starts, it's lovely rich & bluesy.  However, there are two heavier, denser, sections in the song and the RA-1572 really doesn't handle them at all well.  I've played this piece on other equipment and the bottom end / sound stage are fine.

Whatever you decide, happy listening. :)

All Vincent integrated have same sound signature, I have the bigger brother SV-237 and had chance to listen the SV-227. Both sound amazing. I wanted to replace SV-237 but didn't find better amplifier in my acceptable price range. I wanted to roll the tubes but after several attempts original tubes seems the best. Only real improvement was, I doubled the output buffer capactiors. I just would like to say, difficult to find something better than Vincent amplifiers under 3000$, IMO.  

At quick guitar solos the sound image a bit foggy, only thing I can complain, but it is true for most of tube amps. 

If no sound improvement in your system than something else could be the weakest link, I guess. Maybe the room effect on music ?  Echoes/room ringing can destroy the tube amps superior sound layering/image. 

My system:

DigionePlayer with room correction sw > Chord Qutest > Vincent SV237 / Hattor Hypex D-Class (Hypex sounds so pokey comparing to Vincent) > Audio Physic speakers

plus diffusers/absorbers at primary reflection points

this configuration sounds much better with Vincent than an old SS amp (I had a good but old Marantz to test it), but the biggest improvement coming from room correction sw/damping materials

Well I have been doing comparison's between the Vincent and Denon since last night (a lot of connecting/disconnecting of speaker cables and source cables, ha).

Listening to both units in Denon Direct Mode and Vincent Tone Defeat modes and used a app from my phone for sound levels, listening around 70db from both units. Wanted to keep things as fair as possible.

Listened to multiple tracks from CD's, Vinyl and HI Res music files from PC.

Now, I am no pro or anything but I did try to listen as critically as possible. Listening for certain instruments in certain songs, many times switching back and forth between very specific parts of the song.

So far I have come to the conclusion that both are about equal, there is just slight difference between the two. Now I know some of you might feel the Vincent should be blowing away the Denon and that perhaps should have been the case if this particular Denon was of lower class.

But as I stated before, this AVR-5700 was top of the line back in its day and highly regarded, winning awards left and right and it weighs a lot.

Now I have a question for you all. The Vincent and Denon I think (could be wrong) are basically class A/B Amps.

The Belles Aria mentioned above, is that Class D?

I have also been curious about the Primare Line and have been to a demo for the I25 which is Class D.

I wonder if maybe Class D would have a more forward/bright presentation?

I  think I am starting to under what you all mean by the Vincent and Denon having a more warm and relaxed feel to it and I am not complaining about that type of sound, I do like it.

I asked this question in another thread but did not get much feedback but do you all think there might be a bid difference between the Primare I22 (older version) and the newer I25?

Thanks for all the feedback so far.

I don't know what I have gotten myself into with this hobby, lol.