Vimberg Mino D - first impressions

Over the years I read a lot about the Tidal speakers and I knew that one day I would have to listen to them in my room with my amps and source.

Tidal/Vimberg finally have a dealer in my country, and after an exchange of emails with Jörn Janczak from Tidal Audio, I was advised to test the Vimberg Mino (89 db, 3.8 ohm minimum) with my Aries Cerat Concero SET amps, with 25w.

My current speakers are the Paradigm Persona 9h, and I really like them. However, they are not perfect, sometimes the upper midrange, although crystalline and transparent, is a little dry and thin.The big advantage of the Personas are the ARC software, who gives me a controlled and tight bass, but at the expense of lack of warm and roundness, which sounds a little artificial and clinical.

With the Vimbergs in place, the bass is a little warmer and round, but for me, more natural. The midrange are fuller, natural, but transparent and clear. But the biggest difference is the treble. The diamond tweeter is so much more natural than the beryllium of the Paradigms, no hard at all!!

Compared to the Personas, the image is a little further back, and the stage is deeper and more three-dimensional.

I will continue to listen the Vimbergs and probably I will be my definitive speaker for the next few years.

Nuno
128x128nabcs
Yes and it goes in both directions. Many condemn less expensive speakers as trash with out ever hearing them. Evident throughout this forum.

Yeah, let’s not even consider how they’re built or how they sound — not meaningful at all.  In fact, let’s not even bother listening to them to make judgement.  Price is king!!!  
I had a Marten speaker in past (Coltrane Tenor)...very good speaker, but I never compared directly to Vimberg and now I have different amps. From my memory, my actual system with the Vimbergs sounds better and more real.