Views of the Music Fidelity A300cr power amp?

Having recently upgraded the front and back ends of my system, I'm thinking I could use a smoother amp. I want to stay with a higher powered SS amp. Important qualities of sound reproduction are transparency, timing, resolution and accuracy of the midrange. I'm interested in opinions and comparisons for this amp. I'm considering the $2-3K+ price range.
mdvuolo

Showing 1 response by rar1

I owned a Musical Fidelity A300cr power amp for about a year and a half and used it in conjunction with a Musical Fidelity CD PRE24 (preamp/cd player combo). I traded in the MF A300cr for a Prima Luna Prologue 5 power amp last year, when I changed my systems over to tubes. I enjoyed the A300cr, I just wanted to get into tubes.

So yes, the MF A300cr excels with transparency, timing, resolution and accuracy. I just don't know what your point of reference is though. I had owned an ADCOM 545 power amp for 13 years before going over to MF amps, so I thought that the MF amps were a huge step-up.

If it helps any, the A300cr was the forerunner of the A308cr. My guess is that if you like the 308, you would like the 300.

Regards, Rich