video connect

I have an LG OLED CR PUB HDMI 2.1.  Recently purchased a Lyngdorf MP 60 2.1 (HDMI) a/v processor.  Looking for advice on optimal video connection.  Previously the LG was connected directly to internet via modem LAN ethernet for NETFLIX, Apple TV etc. My previous  a/v processor, Mcintosh MX122 (HDMI 2.0 b), was connected to LG via ARC HDMI for audio only.  So no video connection between the LG OLED and the MX122 processor.  The Lyngdorf is HDMI 2.1 and I am wondering  would it be better to pass the video through the Lyngdorf to the LG OLED than the direct connection of the LG OLED to the internet modem via ethernet?  If advice is to have video go from the the Lyngdorf to the LG OLED please advise on the proper connections.

Thank you.
Guy
guyt
I would try it both ways and see what option gives you the best picture. Some processors may tamper with the signal or add artifacts that you may not like. Some can over-process the signal and make it look artificial compared to the pure signal coming into the TV. Most reviews actually recommend turning off advanced processing and gadget like settings. Trust your eyes and ears when using a processor. You may find these anomalies annoying!😉
Ok sound logical but how do I connect the processor.  For streaming would, Netflix etc, would the processor be connected via lan ethernet of the processor to the internet modem then HDMI out to the tv?
Yes sir. There is no "proper" way. Whichever is better for you is the one. For me there is no compelling reason to lengthen the video pathway.
Why wouldn't ethernet come from the switch?
In my experience, video is not necessarily degraded when passed through a processor (though some may actually degrade or even improve on the video). 

However, using ARC is never the best way to get sound out of the system.  For top audio quality, it's always best to connect your sources (i.e. Roky, bluray, etc.).

If you are using the LG TV to stream from Netflix, etc., I would highly recommend getting a Roku device to replace that and feed that directly into the Lyngdorf.