VH Audio Vcaps

First listening session with Vcaps in Cayin phono stage tonight. Within 15 minutes listening to music rather than analyzing sound.

Its not often I'm blown away by equipment and/or mods, this is an exception! I won't even go into detail on improvements in this post, suffice to say these caps are damn good! And I've heard a lot of caps. For all the modders out there, you've got to try these caps, they have a deservedly high reputation.
sns

Showing 2 responses by reb1208

I've tried many of the Teflon caps on the market. The V-CAP TFT are great but the Aura-Cap TFT is as good if not better. Third place I'd rate the REL TFT, a few steps further down would be appropriate for the Russian FT-3. And in absolute last place is the Russian K-72. Yes, there are other Teflon caps to explore but I have not tried them (Solen, Modwright etc. I did try the hybrid Cardas Teflon but this cap I did not like at all.
My issue with the Cardas caps is that they lack coherency, fluidity and refinement. I tried to improve upon them by experimenting with bypassing to no avail. I'm sorry, but if it were my amp I'd immediately replace them. Another cap I've had great success with as couplers is the MIT RTX styrenes. These caps ofter a certain dimensionality/depth/tactility that the teflons just can't duplicate.