very detailed bookshelf monitor around $700 used

this theme has probably been beaten to death, but i'm shopping in the for a bookshelf speaker in the 500-800 (used) range for an office system. my room is about 10'w x 15'l x 10'h and i'll probably use a small sub. they'll be driven by an 85w/ch integrated and used 100% for rock and jazz of all types. my idiosyncratic criteria:
1. transparent, lots of detail, good imaging
2. good at low volumes;
3. unfussy about placement, as they'll be near a wall.
i've auditioned proac tablette, focal chorus/profile, sonus faber concertino, all of which have their strengths. your thoughts on any of the above, or anything else i should consider, would be most appreciated.
loomisjohnson

Showing 2 responses by loomisjohnson

both the proacs and the quads are very intriguing (i agree with ryder that the proacs were more detailed and quicker that the sonus fabers, which are off my list). however, from what i've gleaned, both the proacs and quads shouldn't be placed near a corner or wall, hence they may not work for my set up (i'd need to place them within a foot or so of my narrowest wall). if anyone has a different perspective, please weigh in.
thanks all for the feedback thus far....
I've owned the VR1s (which I foolishly traded for some ht gear), and they were great, although they don't seem to pop up used as much as they used to. i had not considered the nhts--bob reynolds, have you compared them to any of the aforementioned?