Verity speakers for $7k or less?

After some good suggestions for musical non-fatiguing speakers in thread so named - I'm focusing in on the Verity line. There isn't anything I've auditioned in that price range that've bowled me over. And if there were some good sounding speakers I ultimately found them too aggressive or fatiguing. Dynaudio Confidence 2s comes to mind tho they were otherwise impressive.

Other threads have said that you had to start midline and up with the veritys to get something satisfying for the long term. What would that speaker be? And can it be had for $7k or less? Thanks!
larrybou

Showing 1 response by bo1972

I would take a listen to the Monitor Audio Pl-200. This speaker is fast as a rocket. Usses crossover which can give a deep and wide stage as only the best can. They are better compared to the C2. Also there ribbon tweeters are more open compared to the Isotar of the C2's. Within the wide and deep stage they can give a much sharper individual focus ( a more physical and papable image) compared to the C2's. There ribbon tweeter can also project the stage even in front of you. This make the whole stage extreme holographic. This level is only available with the best speakers you can buy.

But you need an amp which can give a 3 dimensional stage. Like amps as Pass Labs and tube amps.