Vandie .7 vs Maggie .7

*** I tried to edit the TITLE.,,Sorry   I mean Vandie 1ci    Thanks

Hello to all! I am hoping I will get some opinions on these 2 speakers. I’m 65...a Pro musician with a degree in music. I’ve own of equipment for sure. Nothing in the Mega buck range. I did own a par of Maggie III’s 25 years ago. Vandersteen’s are really a brand I have never owned or stopped at a dealer or known someone who owned them.

I know opinions are GOING to vary. These are kinda 2 different speakers...but a similar approach. Maggie flat panel, and Vandie "no baffe.

I have an NAD 326BEE integrated amp..( very decent)....I’m about to spring for a Schiit Vidar. I have an MF V90,,Schiit Saga... I own Whafdale Diamond 240’s.

I was also set to pop for the Vidar and got into a discussion with someone at Schiit, and he generally said, looking at speakers/ headphones are usually a bigger change. So started my re-evaluation.

These are the 2 I am down too. I have 1400-1500 to spend. True-ness of timbre, soundstage are most important ot me ...because I have listened and played live music since I was 15.

I do very much appreciate your opinions. I want member to BE subjective and give me your take based on personal experience. Thank you very much, Otto

128x128ottoa63
nice
spades are your friend !
yes banana is easy and in the garage and repair bench Pamona bananas everywhere
but for a good gas tight high current connection, pretty much nothing beats a soft metal low mass spade....yrmv
well nice to hear on the LINN amp singing ;-)
let us know how the signal digital cable works out !!!!!
catch JA video interview of Richard at CES for insight into his designs and i believe an interesting VLR development..... he mentions SEAS as the driver supplier now but an upcoming change to Scanspeak.....
Tom, I did catch that... I bought a Tung Sol tube for my Saga...my first tube rolling. I'll see what it does. Someone else bought the same tube for his Saga and was very pleased.
a NOS made in USA Tung-Sol ?

let us know what it does....

tube rolling is like sampling bottles of Scotch....ha