Vandie 1c or Maggie MMG?

Small room (10 x 10), mainly mid-60s to mid-70s rock with Exposure 2010S integrated amp. Thoughts please.
lindisfarne
I would also go with the Vandys. I have had a pair since 2000, along with the Vandy center, and since then added a second pair for surround use. I also picked up a pair of 2Wq subs which blend seemlessly with the 1Cs. My only caution is the upgrade path outlined by Pubul57. Although my room is large, the area available to place the speakers is small. The 2CeSig MkIIs are considerably larger than the 1Cs. Vandys need to be placed out into the room for best results, so your room might be a little small for this upgrade path. The only way I could upgrade in the Vandy line is to move to the Quatro, which has a slim profile, but I can't afford them, even used. So, I am forced to look at other brands. Compact floorstanders I would also consider in this price range would be Silverline Audio Prelude ($1200/pr), used Totem Arrows or Ohm MicroWalsh Tall ($1000/pr). Don't get me wrong, I like the Vandy 1Cs a lot, but they are not my last speakers-for-life. The 2Wqs, however, are going nowhere - they are incredible.
I agree with Bondmanp that upgrading with the VS line does require the appropriate room and willingness to place the speakers optimally within it. I found the VS 3As needed 5 feet from the back wall to sound their best, not always easy without a dedicated listening room. I think the 1Cs are not speakers for life, they are a very good start, and in some rooms, like this one, maybe ideally suited.
I've had both and have to say, even in a "smallish" room the tonal quality and musicality of the Mag's are far superior. The vandy's tended to get a bit "shouty" at times and I have never had that problem with the Mag's in the same room with the same equipment.
I've had both and I like the Vandies much better. They have do better all types of music and have a better sound stage. They have a smooth sound with good bass.