Vandersteen VLR Wood ..any love for these?

are there any owners out here. setup tips , wire, amps. thanks Greg
128x128drumsgreg
tomic601, thank you for the info on these. i was hoping they would be around 2000.00 for the pair. The little WOODS are kicking some serious butt with the twin 2WQ`s. the new ones would have to be really really great for me to step up!

drumsgreg,

When I bought my Treo Ct's a few years ago, RV told me a pair of those carbon tweeters were $1400 per pair. At the time, he was making those tweeters himself, by hand. Said he could make one pair a day. Also consider that the VLR cabinet has to be built with the same type of inside/outside cabinet of the Quattro CT and Treo CT. Which translates into a lot of work and attention to detail for the VLR's. This type of cabinet suppresses cabinet resonances to the extent that the 2 Ce sig. 2 and 3A sigs cannot, hence the reason the carbon tweeter isn't used in these speakers. The carbon tweeter would almost be wasted in them for this very reason, and THAT is why you will not see it in either of these floor standers.
Cheers,
Tim
Thanks Tim for the info on the tweeters, i have no doubt they are fantastic and worth every penny, its just my wallet may have to wait a bit.
Vandersteen advises the VLR CT is now available, with a 3 week wait time.  $3075 for a pair.  Awaiting word on finishes and specs.
I have a small Linn Kiko system in the bedroom.  Looks' great, but it's a built in and the design of the speakers doesn't work.  I have a feeling that I will just sell the Kiko and then get the new VLR's with one of the small integrated amps and call it a day.  I haven't heard these in years now, but have plenty of friends who swear by them, especially for the price.