Vandersteen Treo vs 3A Sig as upgrade

I had my local dealer hook up a pair of Treos to demo them and left with a very mixed impression. I like the overall sound. They have a smoother, more refined and sophisticated midrange that the 3A Sigs can't match. I want that. But the bass was less defined and the top end was bright. The sibilance was very exaggerated - this was with CD. Is this the character of the Treo? Thanks!
wlutke
IF my memory serves me right Bruce at Stereo Unlimited has PSB also so haul your amp in there for a listen....you could do anice slow A/B

just remember your short term wow brain likes louder and finely etched detail and your longer term brain likes the real thing...

Stay out of the room with the 7's it is a musical black hole....lovers of music..never escape the purity well......

Ha

Tom, that's kind of funny.   I personally love listening to someone's highest end achievement and then listening to the rest of the line in lowering order.  Helps me figure out how much trickle down is going on.  I find on so many speaker lines, that I may like or love one of them and not the others.  Had that conversation with someone yesterday as his are the only speaker in the line he has that I like.  He agreed, lol.

Also agree on short term/long term listening.  Great detail in never etched., lol.

To maybe resurrect this old thread, i just acquired a pair of Treo CTs and they are fabulous. I also purchased the Audiokenesis Swarm sub system and they take care of whatever bass “problem” some had with the speakers. I will likely enjoy this combination for a very long time. 

The question now is:  keep the Quicksilver V4s are get an Ayre or some other top notch solid state amp??? 
@cajunbaseball   
Congrats on the Treo CTs! 😀

On the day I picked up my CTs I listened to Vandy 1Cs with the Quicksilvers.  Magical!!!  I use SS with my Treos but I would love to hear my Treos with the Quicksilver.

Good luck with the decision.
congrats on the Treo's.  The Quickies are really nice amps, but which Ayre amp are you looking at?  The new Belles Amps told you about will drive the heck out of them and sound great for the price. Give Johnny a call and ask him his thoughts. He sells Ayre, Quicksilver, Belles and a bunch of others.