Vandersteen Treo vs 3A Sig as upgrade

I had my local dealer hook up a pair of Treos to demo them and left with a very mixed impression. I like the overall sound. They have a smoother, more refined and sophisticated midrange that the 3A Sigs can't match. I want that. But the bass was less defined and the top end was bright. The sibilance was very exaggerated - this was with CD. Is this the character of the Treo? Thanks!
wlutke
Great thread everyone....have read it all. I was just introduced to Vandersteen speakers.  Fantastic in my opinion. Unfortunately it was the Sevens and Quatros, which I can't afford!  But, I could afford the Treos or Treo CT, but haven't as yet heard those. I have a store nearby where I can and will audition in the near future (San Diego). 

Question:  I have a Line Magnetic 518ia...22Wpc. Would my integrated amp be adequate to drive the Treos?  I'm not interested in changing out my amp at this time but loved the sound of the Vandersteens I did hear and I'm sure I would like the Treos after reading this discussion (not a big bass head).  Would the Treos even be viable option given my current amp (current speakers are PSB Imagine T2)?  I listen mostly to vinyl (Prime and Lyra Delos through Manley Chinook) -- soft to classic rock, jazz mostly. 

Thanks for any feedback. 
ekimg The Treos are only 85 db efficiency. I have no knowledge about your particular tube amp but even 22 TUBE watts sound a bit lean for the Treos. Perhaps you could take your amp to the dealer to find out?
Agree with @hifiman5 ; just for s&g, try out those 22 tube watts with a pair of Vandersteen 1s.  You'll be surprised by what you get for ~$1250.
hifiman5 -- yes I will have to take my amp in and see how the Treos respond since he does not carry LM gear.  Thanks for the suggestion. 

cedargrove -- if he has the 1s I'll try those too...thanks.