Vandersteen Treo Speaker Cable Suggestions

I recently purchased a demo pair of Vandersteen Treo (non CT), and am wondering what people recommend for bi-wired speaker cables? The Treos will be paired with a Hegel H-160 solid state integrated amp.

The dealer I am purchasing from has recommended Cardas Parsec speaker cables. Does anyone have experience with these? Would be very interested to hear what has worked for others. I'm excited to spend some time over the holidays with these awesome speakers!

(If helpful, my system includes a Rega Planar 3 w/ Dynavector 10x5 and LFD Phonostage LE with LFD interconnects.)

THANKS!

gritter2

Showing 5 responses by tomic601

gritter2

cool
keep us in the loop
i have a pair of the Treo CT on order in a wild ( well I think it is wild ) Ambrosia Maple veneer - I plan to start off running the LFD cable I spoke of.......

your setup thoughts and room tuning exprrience will be valuable
looks like Clear Day plans to be up and running January
you are welcome to borrow the 12’ LFD i mentioned till you can get his cables....

thin spades are good, you want what is called a gas tight connection stacking is acceptable but you will need to be hyper vigilant to maintain a great snug connection

if Paul can terminate the two runs into single spades at the amp end that is by far preferrable
Cardas makes fantastic products that typically pair well with Vandersteen.
LFD fairly rare here in the USA but you might try it as you have some of it now.
i have a set of LFD biwire in 12’ that i used for a time between an Ayre VX-R Twenty and Vandersteen 7 mk2, pretty fine wires for not a lot of juice, loan em to you if desired...
Audioquest voices well with Vandersteen products it is no secret that Richard use AQ for his filter pigtails and AQ sourced silver speaker wire with the M7 amplifiers. He and Bill Low at AQ share the DBS patent.