Vandersteen Treo's

Can anyone recommend an integrated amplifier for a reasonable price that would work well with Vandersteen treo's?
pcarey

Showing 2 responses by zd542

If your room is not too big and you don't listen to really loud music, an Ayre CX-7 would be a very good choice for those speakers.
"Big thanks for this information on Ayre. I'm also interested in the V-5xe. I currently use old 2C's with a Unico SE."

I use the V-5. Its really hard to beat. Ayre has a very unique sound. I haven't heard anything else that sounds like it. Most people, I think, don't get the full picture as to how it sounds. They always say its very analytical. I understand why they say that because Ayre products do pass a great deal of information. What they miss is the complete top to bottom liquidity. There's nothing mechanical or typical SS about the sound. I call it purity. You really have to hear it for yourself to understand fully but Vandersteen is the best speaker to match with Ayre. (At least I think so.)

Do you actually have the 2C or just not the most current version? I use the 3's now but I have a pair of Sig 1, 2's. They're about 10 years old now. One of my good friends was yapping about how good his 802D's were and how I should upgrade to them. I put my 2's next to them with my V-5 and forced him to admit he overpaid about 6k for his speakers. So even if your 2's are not the most current, you can still get great sound from them. I think you can upgrade to Sig 1 if yours are older.