Vandersteen Treo CT, Pair of Sub threes and Lyngdorf TDAI 3400

Hello all,

I am investing in a system upgrade.  My room is not the greatest and I won't be doing any acoustic treatments to it.

Basically the main speakers need to be within 12 to 18 inches of the wall (WAF).  Because of this I am thinking of building the system around Lyngdorf and Room Perfect.

I am thinking of pairing the Vandersteen Treo CT with a Pair of Sub threes.  I would be driving these with a Lyngdorf TDAI 3400.  

My question is the SUB Three's have room EQ and the Lyngdorf has room correction.

How would I set these up together?

Would I get the SUB Three's set up and them run the Lyngdorf Room Perfect

or

Would the room perfect render the SUB Three's EQ as useless in that case I would just by the cheaper Vandy V2W subs without the EQ and let room perfect blend the subs and mains.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ag insider logo xs@2xefoo
I can't imagine the Lyngdorf being anything but fantastic on anything its paired with. 
Efoo ((((I am thinking of pairing the Vandersteen Treo CT with a Pair of Sub threes.  I would be driving these with a Lyngdorf TDAI 3400. ))))
Mofojo
((((I can't imagine the Lyngdorf being anything but fantastic on anything its paired with))))
Efoo , Mofo,
 Guys,
 With regard to running a Lyngdorf, I do not see how you could get the Preamp out Back into this device for main in to allow the Vandersteen High pass to work. its the most important feature you need to remove the heavy lifting off the main amp lowering distortion dramatically improving dynamics, clarity and transparency of the whole system. I know its cool to see all of the gadgets and digital sizzle advancements but make sure you're not majoring on the minors in the big picture VS a true Bi-amped proven combination that works.
 You may want to research the new  Zero feedback 50-pound Aesthetix Mimas integrated designed in USA with Vandersteen High pass friendly  DNA and voiced with Vandersteens or any amp that has a preamp out main in.
We tuned Vandersteen 2CE Sigs /Sub 3 / Belles Aria at 2K an analog integrated amp featuring Preamp out and Main in , adjusted high pass for proper x over setting, then performed the Sub 3s room compensation settings, the end result is truly extraordinary while also allowing close to front wall placement.
Best,
  JohnnyR

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for your thoughtful responses.  I am currently traveling in CA I will try to give you a call next week to talk through your last post.

I think you have hit the nail right on the head.  My worry was always how the EQ with the Sub threes would work with the room perfect from the Lyngdorf.

Elliot
All of these great comments have given me enough pause so...... 
I think I am going to start slow and order the Treo CTs and hook them up to my Mcintosh MA6500.  I have an extra Velodyne DD12 so I may hook that up as well so I can get a feel for sub with the Treos.  Ultimately I like the idea of a sub three or 2 sub threes with the treos.

Then I can take my time picking the right amp and pre or integrated.