Vandersteen Treo CT, Pair of Sub threes and Lyngdorf TDAI 3400

Hello all,

I am investing in a system upgrade.  My room is not the greatest and I won't be doing any acoustic treatments to it.

Basically the main speakers need to be within 12 to 18 inches of the wall (WAF).  Because of this I am thinking of building the system around Lyngdorf and Room Perfect.

I am thinking of pairing the Vandersteen Treo CT with a Pair of Sub threes.  I would be driving these with a Lyngdorf TDAI 3400.  

My question is the SUB Three's have room EQ and the Lyngdorf has room correction.

How would I set these up together?

Would I get the SUB Three's set up and them run the Lyngdorf Room Perfect

or

Would the room perfect render the SUB Three's EQ as useless in that case I would just by the cheaper Vandy V2W subs without the EQ and let room perfect blend the subs and mains.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ag insider logo xs@2xefoo

Showing 3 responses by mr_m

My Treo CT's are approx. 18 inches from the front wall and I am using (one) 2Wq sub with the M5-HP unbalanced crossovers and getting great results from this combo.  Also, My Treo's are approx. 3 feet from the side walls.
audionoobie,
I use a Rogue Pharaoh hybrid integrated amp. I don't have the usual pre -out main-in connections on my amp, so I have been using the amps processor loop which does pretty much the same thing as pre-out, main-in, for the M5-HP crossovers to make my Vandy sub perform correctly without any change to the amps internals. I talked extensively to a Rogue technician to make sure this would be ok. Please note the processor loop is not the same as a tape monitor loop. I selected the correct settings on the crossovers for the 40k input impedance of my amp and the sound of my Treo CT's and sub have been stellar ever since.