Vandersteen's new affordable mono blocks at the CES 18

Just got an email that his new amps will be unveiled at the CES.  Here is what I got.  I can't wait.  He has adjustable crossovers so you can use them on any speaker that doesn't go down to 20HZ, which is 99% of teh speakers on the market.  Here is what they said:

Vandersteen Audio Introduces the Next GREAT Amplifier at CES 2018!Venetian Suite 29-203
Vandersteen Audio shook up the audio world with its liquid-cooled M7-HPA monoblocks, a radical advance in power amplifier design and loudspeaker performance that is Stereophile Class-A rated as a true reference.Vandersteen is doing it again at CES 2018 in Las Vegas, where you can get the first look and listen at a pre-production pair of the upcoming M5-HPA (High-Pass Amplifier) monoblocks! The M5-HPA is a solid-state design descended directly from the flagship monoblocks. It will be substantially less expensive, but will offer an astonishing amount of the flagship's sonic magic. While the M7-HPA is designed specifically for Vandersteen's Model Seven Mk II speakers, the M5-HPA will work with a much wider variety of loudspeakers and Vandersteen powered subwoofers. To accomplish this goal, while the M7-HPA's high-pass is fixed at 100Hz, the M5-HPA's internal high-pass filtering is adjustable to any of the following five settings: 20Hz, 40Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz.Vandersteen for years has employed high-pass filtering with powered subwoofers for the ultimate in powered-bass performance. When paired with a Vandersteen powered-bass speaker like the Quatro Wood CT the M5-HPA forms a complete powered-bass speaker system in which the amplification is perfectly optimized over the entire frequency range.
Richard Vandersteen is responsible for the M5-HPA’s overall design and architecture; the amplifier was developed and is built in partnership between Vandersteen Audio and Dean Klinefelter, a talented designer and engineer in his own right. 
Vandersteen powered-bass speaker systems are the ultimate expression of Richard Vandersteen’s philosophies on design and performance, formed over decades of industry-leading design & research & innovation.
M5-HPA's technical attributes:
  • Zero-Feedback Solid-State Design With Dual Single-Ended Circuits Connected By The Speaker Load
  • All Signal Transistors N-Channel Bipolars 
  • No Emitter Resistors
  • Minimal Circuit Path- Only 5 Parts In Signal Path Per Phase
  • 10 Separate Power Supplies
  • Adjustable High-Pass Filter (20Hz, 40Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz)
  • 300-Watts Into 4 Ohms / 150-Watts Into 8 Ohms
  • Made In The USA

ctsooner
Richard Vandersteen mentioned to me the best Amps (besides his  M7-HPA which are US$60K a pair) he has heard with the Sevens are the Ayre MXR-20's.....

The MXR's are a great amp to my ears also.  I'd love to hear as shootout. Also, the Brinkman and AR amps work great with his speakers.  You need a zero feedback design for Vandy's to sing.  Just like you need to be fully balanced to get the most out of Ayre.  

The true key to power is the preamp though.  The best Ayre product to me, is the KXR/20 preamp.  For my money, it's the most neutral preamp I've ever heard and I've heard it with tubes, SS and hybrids.  I've heard it with Vandy's, Magico's, Wilson, ML, Maggies, Dynaudio, Avalon, B&W and many more.  I'd put that preamp with their 9k VX5/20 and it would sound better than the KX5/20 pre with VXR/20 stereo amp.  
I have the KXR20 and MXR20's with my Sevens. Both upgraded from original versions. The upgrade was substantial and more so with the pre over the amps.

Sounds sublime!

thanks for sharing Darth. I know that Ryan, Gary and the guys at Ayre feel the same way.  Too many folks seem to buy expensive amps and don't even think about the pre.