Vandersteen's Low Spousal Acceptance Factor

I purchased the Vandy 2ce sigs recently, and really like their sound. I know everyone has strong opinions about them on this site, but to me they sound very natural and balanced. I've owned Revels, Thiels and Von Schweikerts, but they all sounded slightly colored and/or dry by comparison.

Enter the dreaded Spousal/Wife Acceptance Factor. My wife HATES the way the Vandy's look. Is there anyone who can modify/dress the Vandy's to make them more presentable?? Or, is there another speaker (even if it costs a little more) out there that has that first-order sound, but doesn't look like a black box? Help!
128x128gfields

Showing 2 responses by ellery911

just start showing your wife pictures of bigger, more obtrusive speakers telling her that you are considering replacing the Vandy's...hell...show her the Avantgarde Trios...after looking at the speakers...and the price...she'll be begging you to keep the 2ce's

other than that...I think that Pbb has the best idea...unless your wifes favorite fabric is some $300/sqyd stuff that would end up tripling the cost of your speakers.

best of luck
Gfields...thanks for keeping us posted with how you solved your dilemna...too many people ask for suggestions and then disappear without a thanks or a follow-up to let us know what they ended up choosing.

Hope the Meadowlarks work well for you...I think they are great looking speakers also although I have never heard them.

and 200 hrs breakin...don't sweat it...pop a cd in and put the player on repeat when you leave the house...that 200 hrs will pass by before you even know it!

Happy listening

Ellery

p.s. I still recommend taking your wife on an "ugly and obtrusive speaker tour" sometime...just for future reference...maybe those big Calix speakers will scare her enough that you'll be able to have any speaker your heart desires.

you know...your wife wants beautiful...you want ugly...show her butt ugly and you'll be able to happily compromise at ugly...and then...you win.

all said in pure fun