Vandersteen Moel 2Ce better than Model 1B used in midsize room

Probably the answer is yes but for now i must say i’m quite happy with mine model 1B. The situation is i can buy a used 2Ce for a reasonable price. I don’t have big annoying problems with the 1B only the tend to drown a bit when the music get more complex an is building up like a orchestra build up to a crescendo. My main music is Jazz like Chat Baker an fusion jazz like Billy Cobham which reproduce the 1B excellent. I was wondering how big the change will be by replacing the 1B with the 2Ce.

128x128snarfie23
my experience with the 1Ci is that they require a humongous room, at least 300 sq./ft. and one can't listen to them any closer than about 10' away, any closer and they become strident due in large part to a lumpy small-room response at their 2.8 kc crossover point. their mellowness only reveals itself in a big room with considerable distance between listener and speaker array. they are fairly sensitive though and tolerant of weak amplification. 
Post removed 

@aewarren
Must be wriiten at The Chelsea Hotel

"I’ve got a blue motel roomWith a blue bed spread
I’ve got the blues inside and outside my head.
Will you still love me
When I call you up when I’m down?"
I have a pair of 1B in storage which I used many years ago for quite some time. They represent a great value on the used market these days. Although I more want to comment and agree, Blue Motel is a very sweet song.