Vandersteen 7s

First review I have read is from Fremer, and its glowing. Wish I had the space and cash to even consider a purchase. Have others heard these?
rpeluso
>>>I guess Michael in fact did compare the Maxx 3 to the 7s. He mentioned the 7s were not the last word in dynamic slam and also the stage height wasn't the best in class.

That's also how I read it - Fremer implicitly compared the two. He also said that, other that 'stage height, the 7s had the best (most focused, wide, deep, delineated) soundstage and greatest resolution of any speaker he's heard.

So, it sounds like a tie until you get to the part where he says the 7s are the most enjoyable, non-fatiguing speaker he's heard. *That*, I think, is why he doesn't explicitly mention the Wilson.
Exactly, $45,000 vs. $15,000. If only there were some way to blindfold Fremer, switch out the 5A for the 7s, and see if he noticed the difference. Now that would tell us something.
>>02-17-10: Sonofjim
Exactly, $45,000 vs. $15,000. If only there were some way to blindfold Fremer, switch out the 5A for the 7s, and see if he noticed the difference. Now that would tell us something.<<

I'll put a dollar on Fremer.
Those of you who own 5A's.... I tried switching out the original power cords with home made ones....Oyeida plug and Accrolink wire.... I know that Richard says there is no difference, but to these ears and in my system it was a WOW. Not only did the bass change to cleaner and clearer, but so too did the mids the highs, and everything in between. Be wary though that you cannot use Oyeida or similar high end plug for the Vandersteen amp side, since the fins of the amp wont let the plug be fully inserted. Also....make absolutely sure you use the ground - serious damage to the amp will result if it is not grounded (3rd pin).