VANDERSTEEN 5A

Last year I bought a pair of used Vandersteen 5A from a reputable dealer that I have been buying for over 20 years. For the past year the amps on the 5A have been returned to Vandersteen for repairs an incredible 6 times (3 times each side). Did anyone experience this with the Vandersteen 5A? Any comments or suggestion is greatly appreciated. What should I do?
pippo2015

Showing 2 responses by zd542

What did Vandersteen say? There's no way he would see those amps come back 6 times for repairs and not grab the phone and start asking questions.
Obviously, something's not right here. I don't know what's wrong with your speakers, but I doubt they are going bad due to some type of quality issue. Something else is causing them to fail. It would probably help to list your system. Also, I assume that your dealer was out to have a look at your system. I'm pretty sure its required that the dealer does the initial install on a pair of 5's. Maybe your dealer can let you borrow some good surge protectors for a while. They won't protect against lightning strikes, but I think you can rule that out. I doubt your house got hit by lightning 6 times. You could have power surges. Do any of your neighbours have problems?