Vandersteen 3A sigs, whats wrong here.

I recently purchased a Pair of 3Asigs here on Audiogon.
The problem is they dont seem to have much bass at all.
I have tried many different room placements. They are being feed by ARC VTM100MKII, ARC LS25MKII, ARC CD3MKII. Also with Kember 8HTC true Bi-wire cables, And a variety of IC's including transparent and Cardas Gold reference. Tried single ended as well as Balanced. So the front end gear should be ok, but no matter what I do there is weak bass. I also prefer to listen at lower levels, however regardless of volume it is always week. Any ideas, please help.
vdosc
i would say the 3a sigs have very good but short of excellent bass

careful positioning and side/rear wall reinforcement matters

as is using a good powerful solid state amp... i had wonderful response from a hegel amp, known for its outstanding damping factor

no accident r v went to active subs in his 5's as next rung up back in the day
It could easily be a phase situation, but it may be something else.  Teh cable isn't going to make THAT large a difference based on how bad it seems to be.  AS others have said, go to the Vandersteen home page and join the fourms.  It's just all about Vandersteen products and music, but you will get to the bottom of your issues much easier as Richard will see your post and make sure he or Brad respond.  Let's get this fixed! 
I too was disappointed with the bass on my Vandy 3 Sigs and bought a sub woofer. A Velodyne 15 inch with a phase coupler for adjustable bass powered by 400 watt amp. I was using a 200 watt amp to drive the Vandersteens.
There in the garage now having moved on to Odyssey speakers.