Vandersteen 3a Signatures compared to Treo’s

I currently have a pair of Vandersteen 3a Signatures ( upgraded last summer) which I love and am thinking of a pair of Treo CT’s. I have heard the Treo’s and was impressed but that was in a showroom so I’m looking for opinions if any of you have done the switch? Other equipment is Benchmark amp, Benchmark DAC3, Audiolab 6000cdt.
thanks for the input
zimick
A gas tight spade is best, see Vandersteen model 7

i am running a shotgun bi-wire TC-12 on the TREO CT ( Kimber makes the spademaster but you have to tweak to fit Vandersteen ) and I run the silver Audioquest ( essentially Wild Blue Yonder ) with the 7’s.

the Kimber is good wire at a reasonable $$$
The purpose of the gas tight crimp is to prevent oxidation.

I should add that I clean the Banana plugs with an anti-oxidant, electronics contact cleaner every time I switch out amps and or speakers. That's every couple of weeks.
I use the contact cleaner on tube sockets too. Something about spending $1K to re-tube the Music Reference RM-9 compelled me to start that years ago.

Glissando,
I use a contact cleaner now. Got suggested it 20+ years ago for two way radio contacts and was astonished at the improvement so have used it on my audio gear but probably not often enough.
Z
I have a new pair of 2CE SigIII’s that replaced a 25 y/o pair of 2CEs. I really wanted Treo CTs but couldn’t afford new ones (I hemmed and hawed over a 1 y/o mint pair for $6000 on A’gon, and they sold ... bummer). I still wonder if I screwed up, BUT, I do love the bass extension of the 2CE vs the Treo (w/o subs). I auditioned both together at length, and the Treo CT really is special, but the 2CE wasn’t chopped liver in doing A-B testing. Not at all. If I got Treo’s I fear I’d miss the bass, then might add a subwoofer or two, and then wonder why I didn’t just get the Quatro CTs which I def can’t afford! Lust though. Vandersteen, I just can’t quit you.

My dealer says they think the newest 2CE SigIII is better than the 3A now, and the latter probably won’t be updated again.

Don’t we all envy tomic601 ... in a good way?! Tomic, I am in Seattle and when we finally get COVID under control I’d love to hear your V-7’s! I am on the Olympic Peninsula, if you’re ever out here. My system is modest though... you won’t be awed but I do the best I can on a beer budget :)

---->> QUESTION, re amps for Vandersteen: I ran a McCormack DNA-1 Deluxe for decades (I don’t change up my system too often until lately), and it died. I made a mistake by not having Steve Mc rebuild it to his latest and greatest which is said to be superb (he’s working with David Berning now, on special projects, and Berning’s ZOTL tube designs have made him a legend). Anywho, I had an Odyssey Audio Khartago++ built (and since upgraded to the top Kismet level) by Klaus Bunge. His amps get a top affordable recc from AbSound, and so far I am fairly happy but wondering if I can do better. So...

I am thinking of the Benchmark AHB2 amp, which many reviews rave about, or some sort of affordable monoblocks like Schiit (Odyssey does them too). The Benchmark is apparently very neutral (too much for some?)
https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/benchmark-ahb2-amplifier/ The Benchmark also uses Neutrik amp cable attachment along with a very tight, hard to use binding post. Non-standard, PITA for bi-wires? My DAC/preamp (Audio Alchemy DDP-1) has balanced connections, and so does the Benchmark while my Odyssey does not. I’d like to be able to go balanced. zimick

I know Ayre is a good match for Vandys but out of my price range. I thought about Pass Labs too. I am also intrigued by the Linear Tube Audio integrateds, though I have never had tubes. Their most powerful amp is 40WPC (conservative) so I wonder if it’s beefy enough? It gets superb reviews and a bonus is the world-class headphone stage built-in. https://www.lineartubeaudio.com/integrated-amplifiers
I also thought about pairing the LTA preamp with a SS amp to get the best of both worlds.

ANYONE have sage advice on amp pairings for Vandersteens? I would sincerely appreciate it! Thanks.
PD