Vandersteen 3A sig VS B W Nautilus 804

If you had to choose one of these, Which one would it be and why? Just curious about your thoughts on these models. Thank you.
jorge_err

Showing 1 response by dbear44

I have been using the N 804's for over a year and have been very happy with them. Yes, they can be a bit bright on top and system matching is important. Definitly stay away from silver cables and bright sounding digital front ends. A great tube preamp is a must. When you get things right they can make beautiful music indeed. I also use a Vandersteen sub to extend the bass which adds a natural fullness to the sound as well as tremendous dynamics. I'm sure the Vandy's may be easier to live with but from what I've heard I don't think they are in the same league as the Nautilus series with respect to transients and detail....i.e. you might find yourself getting board after awhile. Before I got the N804's I had Thiel 2.3's which I could not get to sound balanced. No matter what I did they were way too forward and bright. Compared to them the N804's are downright warm and cuddly :-)