Vandersteen 2WQ vs Martin Logan Depth

My 2-Way monitors have Accuton drivers and are very fast and high resolution. I am looking for a fast, musical and accurate subwoofer.

I have tried the REL R35 and B&W ASW 750, but these subwoofers were slow, and were not able to match my speakers' speed and resolution.

After doing some research, I have filtered down to Vandersteen 2WQ and Martin Logan Depth (or Depth i). I am open to other suggestions also.

Which of these subwoofers are fast, and which one do you think will blend better with my speakers.
bssk

Showing 2 responses by ig316b

Bssk
I just added a single 2Wq to my Vandy 3A Sig's yesterday and WOW what a difference. I have to agree with Donwass65 they don't contribute that much to the sound until you get something with low information. It fills in a lot of information to a double bass, I also noticed that it really helps to bring out the reverberation of the venue in which the recording was made. This could be from the cleaner information coming from the mains I'm not sure but one thing for certain if you get the 2Wq make sure you get the X-5 crossovers (the one for the Quattro and the 5A's) they make a huge difference in the sound that comes from your mains. I tried both yesterday and the X-5 is a lot more transparent than the the WX-2
Gentlemen sorry for the late reply but been busy with my system. Yes I plan to add an aditional 2Wq to my system I just need to allow my FUNd money to build back up. Two 2Wq's have been in my plan all along, just figured I would take the plunge and try one to insure I liked the results before I lay down that much cash. Plus the holiday season is just around the corner so it will be sometime after Christmas. But yes just as soon as heard the results from just one I knew another 2Wq was in the near future without question.

John
I agree with you I think you posted this suggestion about leveling in someone else's post, I tried it and it works wonders for the soundstage. I haven't had the chance to try it with the sub but hay what can it hurt. Thanks for the advise.

Bssk
Let us know what you decide and keep us posted on your results afterwards.
Happy Listening.