Vandersteen 2ci and 2ce

What are the differences between the Vandersteen 2ci and the 2ce? I am looking at various listings and am trying to get a better understanding of these models. I am going to drive them with a Counterpoint preamp and amp. I listen to mostly rock and some jazz.
Thanks,
Don
donw

Showing 1 response by tomic601

Cool thread
owners weighing in nice
iF you can swing 3a-dig and 2x subs, you are not far away from a pair of 5
no comparison in bass, especially with eq tuning to room - this is why the new sub gets analog 11 band eq
now having said that, there should be a few , probable more than a few of the old sub available for Low $$$$
i had the 3a-sig for many years, pair it with an amp that can control the low end and as some said, near 5 levels of performance 

for those seeking nore info, some of your configuration? Addressed by the Ask Richard section of the website

the aerodynamic midrange thinking could apply to other drivers but the physical configuration issues of magnet size relative to cone / dome diameter largely preclude it

your ear more sensitive in the midrange also

RV has pretty sophisticated Anechoic chamber and FFT tools, he says and the recently expired patent is based on being able to both see and measure and hear the reflected backwave off the larger magnet