Vandersteen 2Ce with Jolida 302B?

Stoppped into the local audio store last weekend and learned they are a Vandersteen dealer. I have been running Meadowlark Kestrel 2s with a Jolida 302B (tube swapped only)and have been relatively happy with this second system. But I heard the 2Ces for the first time, powered by a Rotel rig and was very impressed by the overall detail and presentation. I am considering home auditioning these in the system (OK with the dealer by the way, some won't let you take Vandys home apparently, Richard Vandersteen told me once that he didin't blame them).

Has anyone here had experience with this or similar amplifier powering these speakers? The literature claims a min of 40W, the Jolida claims 50W.
stevecham

Showing 3 responses by shoe

Yep, I bought some Vandersteen 2ce sigs and sold the Kestral ll's . So much more music happening.
I have since sold the Vandersteens but there is a lot to be said for large drivers when done right. My current speakers retail for $1700 more than the 2ce's and are just a "little" bit better. 2ce's Got to be one of the best values in audio.
Let us know how they make out with the Krell!!!
Stevecham
According to Vandersteen website the suggested retail for 2ce sigs are $1549 maybe the website has not been updated?
Also I couldn't find any "updates" to the 2ce sigs.
By the way I lived in Eugene Or. for a year..beautiful city! Do you like rain???? Plenty of that. Trees, Spencers Butte, Skinners Butte and plenty of nice folks everywhere, nice College town with very cool activities all year round.
Sometimes I wish I'd stayed up there , I am now about 1 and a half hours east of S.F. not far from where you were. Urban sprawl..blaa!
Hi Stevecham
I was fortunate to pick up a pair of Revel Performa F 30's local. ( Had to drive 70 miles ) The pair were actually a review pair from an online audio magazine that had been sitting in his home collecting dust for awhile. He had replaced them with Revel Salons.
Had my heart set on some Vandersteen 3A sigs untill these came up.
I haven't kept up with Vandersteens for awhile and thought I had heard somewhere that Vandersteen had improved on the 2ce sigs...is that true?
What I want to know and I bet you too..are the 3A sigs much better that the 2ce sigs? Almost the same driver complement and same build only a different tweeter and the size of the bass cabinet is larger. Had a chance to listen to the 3A sigs but not for a long extended time.
By the way a good piano recording sounds extraordinary on a set of Vandersteens!