Vandersteen 2CE Sigs tweeter too high

My Vandersteen 2CE Sigs tweeters are too high when I sit in my listening chair. I want to remove the stands and use spikes directly into the speakers' base. Has anyone done this? What can I expect in sound change?
rosedanny
I keep messing with placement and toe-in and tilt, too. I'll try the no tilt method. Thanks. And Swampwalker, I contemplated neck extension surgery, but the costs were prohibitive.
What I did was screwed the front tip toes all the way down snug against the bottom of speaker.I put a small bubble leveler on top of speaker and with the back tip toe of Sound anchor adjusted it til the bubble stated it was level. Put the bubble leveler on both sides on top of speaker and it should be the same all the way around.There is also a tool you can use to make sure your speakers are exactly the same distance from wall and speakers are angeled exactly. maybe someone knows the name of it,i know some high end shops use them.
I screwed my front feet down then adjusted the speakers flat using the back foot. I found this allignment deteriorated the sound in my room--high and midrange details became blurred--so I've been notching it up a bit at a time. Even a quarter bubble on my torpedo level created way better detail. Do you think it might have to do with my sloped ceiling?
Vandersteen speakers are not intended to be level or tilted forward, nor should they be lowered and run without their spikes. Read the manual and follow the detailed tilt instructions necessary for achieving proper time alignment of the drivers.

There is a chart in the manual that will tell you exactly how much tilt to have for your seating distance and chair height. If you are going to ignore these instructions then know that too much tilt-back is better than not enough. Definitely do not tilt forward.

I'm a Vandersteen dealer.
clarification: I did tilt the speakers back, not forward (I'm not that dense). And I did read the instructions and follow their guidelines. I'm just fooling around with placement and adjustments in hopes of finding a golden locus point for my particular room. Can't a guy tweek fer cryin out loud!?