Van L Speakerworks Quartet

I would appreciate any experience with Van L Speakerworks Quartet, including comparison with others: http://www.montagestudio.com/van/quartet.html
aktchi

Showing 2 responses by lance0955

I own a pair of recently manufactured QUARTETTES with all of the possible upgrades available. If you visit VanL SPEAKERWORKS, don't be put off by the somewhat disarrayed appearance of the place. John is a genius speaker designer, but somewhat of a disorderly shopkeeper. Be that as it may, his primary current speaker design outpreforms anything I've heard unless you go into the "stratophere" costing products. Even then, there is nothing that creates a soundstage like the QUARTETTES. Totally 3 dimensional. These are big monitor speakers. Approximately 25" in height. Beautiful cabinets but limited finishes. They need good stands. His patented "AMBIENCE RECOVERY CIRCUITRY" is the secret to the whole thing. For the price he is asking, there is absolutely NOTHING that even comes close; - - and I've been in the evolutionary audio business since the 50's.

Here is his e-mail "[email protected]"
An addendum to my comments previously submitted.

For those of you who (after listening) do not think the QUARTETTES have enough BASS extension and power, John also has a proprietary matching sub-woofer created specifically to pair with the QUARTETTES. The finish matches, together with the styling, and, of course, completely eliminates the need for stands, in as much as they are ONLY sold in pairs. In paino gloss black they make a striking pair, mated with the QUARTETTES. They are self powered, of course. Rear firing in design. Frankly I keep my sub turned off most of the time because I have found that 90% of my listening does not require subs, and the bass power and extension is all a man could ask for. ! But for the "power crazed" it's a match made in heaven.

THAT'S ALL