Van Halen on 200 gram vinyl?

I grew up in LA dring the 80's and I loved Van Halen. I see VH's first album is being offered on 200 gram vinyl, remastered, etc. But, is it really worth it? I mean Van Halen on heavy vinyl? Isnt the c/d or standard issue enough. Same with Ac/DC reissues and frickin Twister Sister. If anyone of you works for a record manufacturer please urge your employers to reissue decent stuff. Can anyone else suggest a record that does not warrant reissue?
tbromgard

Showing 2 responses by theunderlyingtheme

Tbromgard -

The AC/DC reissues are quite excellent - at least the ones with Bon Scott (the only era of the band I listen to).

What exactly bothered you so much about these? Did you already have original pristine Australian pressings?

Not all of us want to go to ridiculous lengths for every artist we listen to. So - sometimes, a new pressing can be the way to go - whatever the weight of the vinyl.
Tbromgard,

I wouldn't buy Twisted Sister either, but it seems a little sanctimonious to start pointificating about what deserves a reissue and what doesn't.

You might love Jennifer Warnes, for example - but some audiophiles would prefer listening to an agitated ferret before subjecting themselves to Famous Blue Raincoat.

All you have to do is keep shopping. There are sooooo many vinyl reissues compared to even 5 years ago.