Van Halen on 200 gram vinyl?

I grew up in LA dring the 80's and I loved Van Halen. I see VH's first album is being offered on 200 gram vinyl, remastered, etc. But, is it really worth it? I mean Van Halen on heavy vinyl? Isnt the c/d or standard issue enough. Same with Ac/DC reissues and frickin Twister Sister. If anyone of you works for a record manufacturer please urge your employers to reissue decent stuff. Can anyone else suggest a record that does not warrant reissue?
tbromgard

Showing 7 responses by tbromgard

Has2be is correct, its the choice of the reissue I dont understand. Twisted sister was lame when it first came out, as if it needs to be reissued.
I dont mean to be sanctimonious about what deserves a reissue and what doesn't, and I am very happy vinyl is being pressed again, but I would rather the execs who do the selecting of what gets reissued would use a little more discretion. There are plenty of records which are good which have not been issued on vinyl let alone reissued 8 different ways. For example: David Grey-White Ladder, or The Killers Hot Fuss, or The Script. There are tons of examples of new and old cd based albums which have not yet been pressed onto vinyl. But whatever-if you like Twisted Sister so much, go buy it.
Is it really debatable that Twisted Sister is a crap glam-band from the early 80's, who's music was aimed at adolesent teenage boys? It was recorded and mixed on a crappy first generation digital playback system and compressed? What I was really trying to convey with my thread was my displeasure at the choices the record companies make when choicing which records to reissue. For example MFSL-great company, glad they are in busienss, I own several of their pressings...but for the life of me I cant figure out why they would take so much time and effort to reissue crap from Barry Manilow, Little Richard and Kenny Rogers. Do we really need more of these recordings around-even if it is slightly better sound? Let me know what you think...
Yes-Synthfreek you are correct, Lil Dick has some merit. But not enough to be reissued on heavy virgin vinyl, etc. Cheers.
Hi SR-
Well, it is my post and I can pontificate on just about anything I want. But, you might have a point, I dont want to dis music others might like, even if it is crap. Perhaps I am jaded by the last 20 years or so when vinyl was harder and harder to come by, and those few companies that were pressing vinyl had to use their resources wisely. When I see reissues of bands like Twister Sister-which is perhaps the best example of a bad reissue choice-I think to myself...aren't there better choices? Aren't there better bands and albums? I think they can do better, but you seem satisfied.