Van Halen on 200 gram vinyl?

I grew up in LA dring the 80's and I loved Van Halen. I see VH's first album is being offered on 200 gram vinyl, remastered, etc. But, is it really worth it? I mean Van Halen on heavy vinyl? Isnt the c/d or standard issue enough. Same with Ac/DC reissues and frickin Twister Sister. If anyone of you works for a record manufacturer please urge your employers to reissue decent stuff. Can anyone else suggest a record that does not warrant reissue?
tbromgard

Showing 7 responses by srwooten

very happy vinyl is being pressed again, but I would rather the execs who do the selecting of what gets reissued would use a little more discretion
I am sure that the "execs" use projected sales to select the albums to re-release. And I bet VH's first LP sold a bunch-o-copies and some "exec" sees some big $$$$ in future sales.
...but for the life of me I cant figure out why they would take so much time and effort to reissue crap from Barry Manilow, Little Richard and Kenny Rogers

Because you have no brain.
Tbromgard-
I am not a Twisted Sister fan, nor a Van Halen fan. I just find your High Horse Holier-Than-Thou post objectionable.

BTW-Barry Mannilow-In 1978, five of his albums were on the best-selling charts simultaneously, a feat equaled only by Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson and Johnny Mathis

Little Richard-The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame web site entry on Richard states that:

Kenny Rodgers-"More than any other performer - save, perhaps, Elvis Presley, Little Richard blew the lid off the Fifties, laying the foundation for rock and roll with his explosive music and charismatic persona. On record, he made spine-tingling rock and roll. His frantically charged piano playing and raspy, shouted vocals on such classics as "Tutti Frutti", "Long Tall Sally" and "Good Golly, Miss Molly" defined the dynamic sound of rock and roll."
He has been very successful, charting more than 70 hit singles across various music genres and topping the country and pop album charts for more than 420 individual weeks in the United States alone.

Two of his albums, The Gambler and Kenny, are featured in the About.com poll of "The 200 Most Influential Country Albums Ever".[2] He was voted the "Favorite Singer of All-Time" in a 1986 joint poll by readers of both USA Today and People.[3] He has received hundreds of awards for both his music and charity work. These include AMAs, Grammys, ACMs and CMAs, as well as a lifetime achievement award for a career spanning six decades in 2003.[4]

All the above from Wikopedia.

And I am not a fan of those 3 artist either.
Part of my postabout Little Richard went amuck. Here is the rest:
"More than any other performer - save, perhaps, Elvis Presley, Little Richard blew the lid off the Fifties, laying the foundation for rock and roll with his explosive music and charismatic persona. On record, he made spine-tingling rock and roll. His frantically charged piano playing and raspy, shouted vocals on such classics as "Tutti Frutti", "Long Tall Sally" and "Good Golly, Miss Molly" defined the dynamic sound of rock and roll."[
I dont want to dis music others might like, even if it is crap
This should be all of ours' mantra.

Everyone has his or her taste. My point is to respect that. I DO NOT like any of the bands/performers you mention, but I respect others opinion to like them without being disrespectful of them or the band.

Steve