VAC preamps - too expensive?

VAC makes great products so i hear.  The Linestage Master lists for $28k and next one down is Signature, for $22k.  Add $12k for a phonostage.

anybody have experience with these units?

its a marketing strategy.  Yeah the $22k Signature is very nice but for just $6k more u get a much better unit. Might as well get the Master.  Pretty clever.  Oh and they offer a line stage called the Statement for $80k and it comes with chrome and a skylight so u can view whats inside.  The Master has most of what the $80k Statement has (no skylight) so i guess the $28k Master seems a great deal.  Pretty clever.

jumia

@mulveling 

Bingo regarding everything that you posted.  Yes, we buy and enjoy VAC! How is your Master 300iQ amp?  I’ve gotta listen to that somehow somewhere.  

Bingo regarding everything that you posted. Yes, we buy and enjoy VAC! How is your Master 300iQ amp? I’ve gotta listen to that somehow somewhere.

@kmmd  They're absolutely amazing - biggest component difference I’ve ever heard in my system. Took them on loan from my dealer and wasn’t expecting to buy them, because my speakers are 96dB and the 200iQs were already quite good - but it was a huge upgrade. The Master preamp & phono are a 100% ideal match, of course. It wasn’t really responsible for me to buy them either, but I made it work somehow lol. 

Time to stop messing around - main rig is now 100% VAC and will stay that way. Small rig is the "sandbox" now, and I'm trying to work some VAC magic into there too - hence the Renaissance 3. 

Thanks @mulveling.  Your systems must sound absolutely amazing.  I’m not sure if my YG Acoustics speakers will play nicely with tube amps though.  YG is usually shown with SS amps, and I know their showroom uses D’Ag amps.  I still hope to listen to the VACs.  Have a great weekend!

If you like VAC, want VAC and can afford VAC, then you are in a position to own and enjoy  some of best and most prestigious museum worthy pieces out there. Go for it!  Life is too short to wait.