VAC owners, sound off

I've got my eye on a used VAC preamp here on agon, but it's over 9 years old. A phone call to Kevin Hayes was helpful, but he's not exactly unbiased. Anyone care to chime in on their experiences with VAC gear over the long term? thanks
tholt

Showing 3 responses by fplanner2000

VAC makes bullet-proof gear and supports it better than most anybody in audio. On my 2nd preamp from them (upgraded to Phi 2.0) and 1st (and probably last, unless I get another and turn monoblock) amp - Phi 300.1. Can't go wrong w/VAC gear.

Also, FYI, Kevin really IS as unbiased as he can be and still stay in business!! He neither lies nor misleads, EVER. I wish all manufacturers were as honest as Kevin........
Tholt- Your questions have been answered. Just get the piece and try it yourself, or don't. Asking too many what-if questions that are not realistic for you starts to make it look like you are not really serious about the purchase, in which case you are wasting everyone's time. It really doesn't matter what other people "feel", which is very subjective - your "objective" questions have already been well-answered above by a number of long-time well-meaning VAC owners.
Tholt- I stand by everything I said - Tvad just explained above in more detail pretty much exactly what I was driving at. In other words, you need to hear it for yourself and all the questions in the world are no substitute for your own ears in your own system.

I meant no offense - we always appreciate good questions and you did ask a good one, which was answered by several, including myself. You attitude needs some work, though, as do your manners.