VAC 30/70...pick your pre?

Considering a pair of VAC 30/70’s however concerned a bit about matching the Pre well; on the other hand, can’t spend another 5-6k on a line stage right now. Thoughts? Recs? Get a better integrated instead for now?  Ideas about Line Magnetic 219 vs. Allnic T2000; pushing Wharfedale Jade 5's (87db 6ohm)

128x128phaun16
Al, 

The space is open to the front, back, and sides (I use a Salamander triple 20); and although my current amp (though only 6L6 and not 845s) has 10 inches of clearance with about 350W consumption, I have added a small sheet of thermal radiant barrier with good results of keep heat down.    
Good!

As a point of information, though, your Melody SP3 is a class AB amp, and the power it draws will therefore fluctuate with the dynamics of the music, and will be much less than 350 watts most of the time. While the power consumption of the class A biased LM SET amps will be essentially constant at all times.

What will be converted into heat by the LM amps will be the power it draws from the wall outlet (nominally 400 watts) minus the power it delivers to the speakers (which is likely to be just a few watts most of the time, or even less). It’s a different story with class AB amps.

Best regards,
-- Al

Phuan16,

I live in TN, but if you are thinking of going up to NY you  might give In Living Stereo , which is I believe down towards the financial district,  a call to see if they have both the 219 & 508 in stock; webpage shows both

So Phaun16... Which one did you end up with? I am looking at both the 219 and 508 here in 2022. Trying to make up my mind.