VAC 30/70...pick your pre?

Considering a pair of VAC 30/70’s however concerned a bit about matching the Pre well; on the other hand, can’t spend another 5-6k on a line stage right now. Thoughts? Recs? Get a better integrated instead for now?  Ideas about Line Magnetic 219 vs. Allnic T2000; pushing Wharfedale Jade 5's (87db 6ohm)

128x128phaun16
Walter,

Did you order them with the upgrades offered -  Cardas inputs, upgraded internal wiring, ClarityCap on the tweeter section, and an oversized Jantzen coil on the woofer section.?

I look forward to your feedback as well, I have the Daedalus Argos V2s. 

One thing, they sure don't look as good as Lou's speakers lol

Facten,

Yes, I sure did. I thought the cost of the upgrade made it well worth trying.

It is true that the Daedalus speakers are just beautiful to look at, as well as to listen through. I am at place in my life--with two children bearing down on college--where great value has become a priority to me, so I am trying to put together a great, musical, satisfying system for less money than I have invested in the past. Fortunately, as Charles has observed, there are some outstanding values out there right now that seem to compromise little, if anything, in terms of excellent sonics. I consider the Line Magnetic integrated amps--especially the 508-- to meet that criteria. I also consider the Teo Game Changer interconnects and Cerious Graphene power cords and speaker cables in the same category. 

I look forward to seeing whether the Double Impacts also belong in that category, as others here have indicated that they do. No doubt, the Ulysses will present some serious competition, as I have never heard a speaker that I prefer to them. It should be interesting and a lot of fun!
Walter, 
Excellent logic in deciding to get the speaker upgrade package.  There's no doubt in my mind that better quality wire, inductors  and capacitors can make a very noticeable improvement in the sound.  You might as well get it right initially is my perspective.  The up charge is quite reasonable for the higher quality parts. 
Charles 
Totally agree Walter about Line Magnetic, I have the 518IA as part of my main system, wonderfull sounding especially with insertion of NOS 6l6GCs, 5AR4 , anmd 5751s.

Previous owner of a Vac 160i as well which I really liked and have not heard any SQ deficiencies with my LM 508 IA. Those of you with the 508, have you tried any other 805 Tubes? I tried the Psvane which were better in every area but they only lasted about 3 mos; one tube failed to bias correctly...

Wig