VAC 160i SE vs Audio Research GSi75

Hello all.
Looking for anyone who has experience with these two fine integrated's. The ARC does have the (dis)advantage of a built in Dac which is handy as I am mostly digital at the moment. Both roughly the same wattage, not sure of current ratings. Can pick up either in the used market right now for very similar prices. Want to know what are the sonic differences here? Do they sound a lot different from each other?
Pro's and con's of each. Does one have more weight/heft to the sound? More air, upper and lower end extension and all the good stuff we look for? Is one really a lot better than the other?
I listen to a lot of different music. Mostly classic rock, hard rock with blues, jazz, vocal land instrumental, pretty much the works. Room size is 12' by 18' with 8' ceiling. This opens up to a kitchen and hallway on one side. Aprx 350 sq. feet.
Other equipment would be a streamer probably Lumin. Speakers I currently have are PSB Imagine T3. However looking to upgrade as well to possibly PMC, Gershman Acoustics, Wilson Benesch.
Any info is appreciated.
Cheers!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xscar11

Showing 1 response by joecasey

Go listen and decide for yourself.    Preference is dependent on speaker load and SQ priority.