Usless but interesting ....how many of you old timers started with original Large Advents?

It was actually my second "real" system...but it is simply historic how many people that love great audio systems and the music they allowed us to enjoy started or at one time owned the original Large Advents.  If there is to be a list of the most influential audio products of all time, the Large Advent would be at or near the top.  I guess another interesting question would be how many sets of these Large Advents are still in use.  My brother in law and my sister still have a set of Small Advents in use in their den. 
whatjd
Great title!I remember Tech Hifi doing Presidents Day sales circa 1978 for various things, but always two pairs of Large Advents for $100. People would get in line at 6 am. 1980 I finally got up early and went down the line asking what people were in line to get. Of course the Advents were gone by the time I hit the fifth person in a twenty person line  ;-)  They had got in line at 3 am, which was not really heard of then.

I finally found a nice pair in early aughts at a flea market for $40. Was ecstatic at finally acquiring that holy grail. Blew the crossover within a week. Got it repaired at a speaker dealer. Fired it up again, and blew the foam on the woofers. Finally refoamed them a few years later, and had the idea of getting some sparkling high end in them to go with the legendary bass and Frankenstein together something all purpose high end. I had some Pinnacle tweeters installed and had it bench tested at the lab for two days until tweaked to the technicians exacting standards of perfection.

I did have a question for the group. I encountered this site searching around for info on the advisability of pairing these large Advents with a refurbed Marantz 2230 receiver. I'd just done an upgrade on turntable (since stereo time is now expanded during the day), and put in a Fluance rt84 with an Ortofon 2m blue and it was light years beyond my B&O Beogram. So I thought the phono preamp in the marantz, despite its 30 or more wpc would be an improvement on a Pioneer 604s, which I just realized was 130 wpc. The sound is different with the Marantz, still great, but I wonder: is the trade off worth losing the significant power boost with the Pioneer? The bass is close, but the extra power seemed to really bring the Advents to life.
My first post, thanks in advance for any and all opinions. (running  90/10 ratio of vinyl to cd if that matters)
I had a Pr. of Advents back in the early 80s bought at a Audio Show in Giants Stadium in Jersey. I cant remember the model but I think they were fitted with 6.5" woofers, sound was good 3way, oak cherry in color. Geez that's all my folder has in it. Lol

Large Advents since 1974, stacked with the 25th Anniversary version.  Pulled them out last year for Jimmy Smith’s Hammond B-3 and massive pipe organ music.  I’m giving my ZU DRUIDs a rest because these are a lot of FUN.  The electronics upstream are tube.

+1 large Advents and blown tweeter. I did like all Henry Kloss speakers even though they weren't efficient.