Usless but interesting ....how many of you old timers started with original Large Advents?

It was actually my second "real" system...but it is simply historic how many people that love great audio systems and the music they allowed us to enjoy started or at one time owned the original Large Advents.  If there is to be a list of the most influential audio products of all time, the Large Advent would be at or near the top.  I guess another interesting question would be how many sets of these Large Advents are still in use.  My brother in law and my sister still have a set of Small Advents in use in their den. 
whatjd
Wow, this takes me back! My speaker journey:
large advents 1974-1978
dahlquist DQ-10s 1978-1985
b&w DM-3000s 1985-1997
b&w 603S2 as part of a home theater 1997-2012
goldenear  triton 2s 2012-2016
goldenear  triton 1s 2016-now

i also bought large advents and recreated my original system about five years ago, sold that off 2 years ago, and last year bought and restored Dahlquist DQ-10s and built another throwback system with a NAD preamp and Luxman DD turntable.  Revisiting my wayward audio youth, I guess.
1976, first real job and spent weeks listening to two local dealers and their gear. I was taken with the large Advents in walnut for their solid, non-boomy bass and adjustable treble in a furniture-grade cabinet. Paired with a Marantz 2230 receiver and AR-something manual turntable with Shure cartridge. About $700 at the time (roughly $4300 in so in today’s dollars). I had gotten into classical music a couple of years earlier and liked the Advent’s heft with orchestral and organ works and its light touch on the piano. They did OK with rock, too, but better with acoustic/folk.

The woofers have been refoamed  twice and my brother has them in his living room at the moment with an old Sherwood receiver.  The Marantz, after a refurb about 20 years ago, is also still going strong but I only use the tuner these days. If you told me I had to chuck my Magnepans I’d miss them but I could live with the Advents still.
First high end speakers were Rectlinear 3s.
Advents from 1977-1994. Used a Marantz 2270 to power them.
have owned a few pairs since, just for fun
Never owned a pair of advents but this post piqued my interest. Checking these out online I was amused by this paragraph from a Stereophile post by dalethorn-
"The Advent was my first serious speaker system, inspired by the Stereophile review and embellished by the literature supplied by Mr Henry Kloss, containing such classic phrases as "Hoffman’s Iron Law" and "The shortest distance between two points is a straight line or the line that’s the straightest under the circumstances."
Great doubletalk
Yup my first pair of speakers (after I cobbled some together using TV and console stereo throw-aways) were the Large Advents.  Love those speakers, got 'em in the early 70's had them until just ~5 years ago.  Replaced the drivers at least twice due to foam rot.  I paid $100 each.  My old man almost had a heart attack, but I had earned the $.  How much did you pay?