Using US plug power cables in 220V Shuko areas

I apologize in advance if this topic has already been covered, but I wasn't sure.

I live in South Korea and we use 220V electricity here with Shuko outlets. I was wondering if it is possible and effective to use power cables produced for the US market with US plugs along with 220V Shuko adapters over here. Are there disadvantages in doing so? I currently use the adapters with the stock cords for my equipment; both were purchased from 240V locales through the audiogon. I've had no problems with these but it's commonly understood that 220 and 240V machines are interchangeable. The reason I ask this question is because any number of US plug power cords are available for sale used on the Audiogon for reasonable prices. However, locally I cannot really buy used power cables. I'm naturally interested in saving money but also in maintaining sonic integrity. Do you think that using US cables with Shuko adapters would cause a reduction in sonics, or do you think there might be any electrical dangers in doing so? Thanks in advance for your responses to this query.
washline

Showing 1 response by elberoth2