Using Two Subwoofers with Two 2-Channel Amplifiers.

I am considering using two Subwoofers with two 2-channel Amplifiers using the speaker level inputs and outputs on the Subwoofers.  Each Amplifier is currently connected to identical pairs of Speakers.  Is it better to connect so that there is a dedicated Subwoofer for each channel (Left channels of both Amplifiers wired "through" one Subwoofer, and both right channels through the other), or dedicate each Subwoofer to an Amplifier so that L/R channels of each Amplifier go to a Subwoofer?

This is for a vintage system that I am using for music only.  I'd be happy to supply equipment details if that matters.  Thanks!
audiostick
SVS is a great choice.  They make a great sub.  I had two REL subs and could never get them to integrate properly in my room no matter where I placed them.  I now have two JL Audio F113 v2's and with their DARO technology, it was a breeze.  Now most people don't even know they're on, the integration is so seamless. 
Audiostick 7-21-2018

Is it better to connect so that there is a dedicated Subwoofer for each channel (Left channels of both Amplifiers wired "through" one Subwoofer, and both right channels through the other), or dedicate each Subwoofer to an Amplifier so that L/R channels of each Amplifier go to a Subwoofer?

Audiostick 7-27-2018

I’ve come to the conclusion that the fact I’m using two Amplifiers is irrelevant since the Amplifier does not "see" the Subwoofer(s).

The amplifiers won’t see the subs in the sense that the subs will present the signals provided by the amps with a very high impedance, and consequently draw a negligible amount of current from them. However, if two amplifiers are connected to the same sub I can envision several kinds of ground-loop and other ground-related issues that may arise, depending on the designs of the particular amps. Keep in mind that with that approach the negative output terminals of the two amps would most likely be connected to each other, via the sub, since both of those terminals would presumably be connected to the sub’s internal ground. That doesn’t seem like a good idea to me.

And if by any chance the amps have balanced or bridged outputs, meaning that their negative as well as their positive output terminals have full amplitude signals on them, blown fuses, damage, and/or pyrotechnics would be entirely possible with that approach.

Regards,
-- Al
@almarg - Al, great observation, and thanks for the heads-up.  The amps are bridge-able, but that's not the way I'm using them due to Speaker resistance loads.

I'm still Subwoofer shopping, but have made-up my mind that I would not be dedicating a Sub to each each channel based on information I've dug up on other posts.  What you've stated helps confirm my decision.   Thanks for the input.

@stevermanjohnson question about you're dual JL sub's?

Are you using them AND the external high pass filter before the signal hit's your amp's.

I've heard pros and con's of external high pass filters in stereo set ups (JL says yes, REL says no, PS Audi Paul says no).

JL also discourages high level connections in favor of line connections (REL and Paul disagree).

My last question is, how would everyone recommend wiring dual stereo subwoofers with mono block amplifiers (each amp with 4 speaker posts).

Option A. Running a wire from each speaker post of both the right and left amplifier to the right and left subwoofer?

Example: Right amp has two positive wire and two negative wires going to the the right subwoofers two negative and two positive high level connection points.

Option B. Running only one positive and one negative wire off the right amplifiers speaker posts to only the right high level connections of the right subwoofer (leaving the left channel positive and negative subwoofer high level connections open).

Example: Right amp has only two wires, one positive and one negative, off one set of its speaker posts going to only the right subwoofers right channel positive and negative high levels connections.

My thinking is if each right and left amp has four posts, and each right and left sub has four wire connections, then I should connect them all (right amp to right sub etc) rather the just two of the four high level connections on the subwoofer.

Anyone car to comment how the high level connect dual stereo subwoofers in a dual mono block stereo set up?

Thanks

one amp feeding the two subwoofers should work well.  connect the high level leads direcly to the used speaker terminals on the amp, left to left, right to right.