Using two small bookshelf speakers as a center channel

Good morning esteemed colleagues! I come asking for recommendations.

I am in search of a center channel. But am having a height issue.

Currently there is a bose center channel under the tv. This is due to a 4 inch height restriction I have on the tv. The access hole will not allow me to raise the tv any higher or you will see the hole. Yes, I too wonder why they would place the access hole so low but that’s another story.

My thought was to use two small bookshelf speakers on the sides of the tv as the center channel. My Denon will support the parallel run.

Please see the picture. I have 7" deep by 16" wide to work with here. The red arrows are where I would place the speakers. The white arrow shows the height restriction I have and I have not been able to find a center channel under the 4 inch height. Klipsch was close but not there for the center, but when I saw their RP-400 book shelf at 7.5" deep I thought this might be a viable option.

Your thoughts please. Thanks! Steve

https://s82.photobucket.com/user/steveo242/media/Z%20Misc%20Saved/Audio/TV.jpg.html
steveo242
if you're considering running two speakers off a single channel of your denon, don't do it--your receiver isn't so designed. a number of manufacturers make slim center channels which should fit your needs--check out the following:/item/cantcd1502whta/canton-cd-150.2-3-slim-center-chan...also look at polk audio, which makes some similar models
Are these two speakers in addition to your right and left speakers? 

Technically you can wire them in parallel or  series. Parallel will cut the impedance in half and will be hard on the amp. If you do that you should look up the impedance of your speakers (actual for the bass not just stated). Low impedance will make your reciver get hot/and or damage it if it can’t handle it. Just check the manual to see how low you can go on the amp. 

Series will doulbe the impedance and is safer for the you amp BUT you will need a lot of wattage to get loud enough. Just have to try it and see how the volume is. 

Does your reciver support phantom center mode? If so have you tried it? That bose center is pretty bad and phantom center will probably sound a lot better with less mess. If you sit in the middle phantom center mode sounds pretty good. 

I run a 6.2 system with no center so 5.2 and like it MUCH better than having a center but I always sit in the sweet spot. I find on one else cares anyway but me...
I'm not worried about the resistance to the amp, she will support 4 ohm.  Electrically I am sound.  

Yes, these would be one channel, center.  Fronts are KEFR700's and run well.  I just wouldn't want to use them as phantom.  May as well run 2.1  

I was thinking of using two KEF C200's in Parallel but they are too large for the depth of the shelf.  

Any good bookshelf with crystal clear mids for voices would work.  But I thought I would check here.
Steve,
What Denon do you have? I have an AVR5700 I run 2.0 with full range speakers & it is quite good at rendering the phantom center. (If you haven’t tried already.) Otherwise I don’t see why not having the bookshelves side by side for a ’balanced’ center; I have done that it the past with no issue. But again that was with my very robust 5700. If your Denon can handle it, & for 'crystal clear mids for voices,' I recommend NHT or Paradigm; both from my past experience.
-E