Using TAD-60 Amplifier Without Preamp?

I ran a thread about a little over a week ago looking for a single source tube preamp to run with my modified Denon 5910 universal player (only source), B&K Sonata M200 mono amps, and Silverline Sonata 2 speakers (95 db). I plan on keeping this a single source system. It was recommended to me that I might be better off looking for an integrated tube amp.

I have been researching many different integrated amplifiers the last week and came upon the TAD-60 amplifier, which has a volume control. I have seen many positive threads on this amplifier; however none of the threads have mentioned running it without a preamp. I was hoping someone might have some input on running this amplifier with my Denon 5910 player and Sonata 2 Speakers.

Note: I have never owned or used any tube equipment.
kevine

Showing 1 response by eagleman6722

I just sent my TAD-150 to Paul for signature upgrade and tried the TAD-60 with just the CD. While the sound is fairly smooth, the dynamics and sound stage definitely need the TAD-150 in the signal path. i am going on vacation so I will be away while the TAD-150 is being modded...