Using MHDT Orchid to stream Hi Res with Apple Music ?

Is there a way to do this? Do i need to incorporate my IPad ? Thanks. 

gelle

“I’m trying to eliminate Roon. To many problems with Roon/Nucleus. ”

@gelle, I know you do not want to buy new equipment but picking a streamer with a solid app interface is equally important. I highly recommend a used Aurender N100H hardwired to your router will alleviate issues you have with Roon. I have been using conductor app for 10 plus years, it’s a breeze to search, browse and curate your favorite music within Conductor app.

Another recommendation, Bluesound Node 2 with your external DAC (use a decent SPDIF cable, like the one from DH Labs).

In my experience, Wi-Fi will not convey the best streaming experience especially if you want to hear high resolution files in its full glory.

we wnet cheap and bought a Google Chromecast Audio  run it via Iphone

we also set up a macbook air from internet to dac wired and the sound was much better

Thanks for all the suggestion! If(when) i dump my Nucleus, i will consider the N100H. I the interface looks very nice. 

op

roon has a learning curve, in set up and in use

it is quite demanding of the network feed.... many/most roon 'problems' have to do with stability/quality/speed of the network feed

need to be careful with wireless jumps in completing the lan to the core machine, and where it resides relative to the streamer that is being fed

@jjss49 Thanks. Have the Roon/Nucleus for ~2years. First 12-16 months worked flawlessly. Now i can go a week with uninterrupted service. Other times it will crash every 2 hours(while nothing else on my network goes down. Sent the unit into Roon. They claimed it was a loose Ethernet port. However , when the unit is up and running I’ll go over and pull the Ethernet cable and the unit is fine. I have also tried a USB/Ethernet adaptor with similar results.