Using Maple Butcher Block Under a Turntable

When using a maple butcher block under a turntable, what is below the butcher block?  Cone?  Soborthane pucks?  Does it just lay on the shelf?  What are people using and how of they mounting the block?  How are they mounting the table on the butcher block?
bpoletti
@tuzarupa, I have long abandoned the Lead bars supplied by Arcci, found them to rob the liveliness from the table and I also tend to find brass and carbon fiber to have the same negative effect when it comes to setting up my tables. 
I abandoned the Arcicci lead balloon 🎈 a long time ago, too, especially after I came to the conclusion that lead as a material is just plain bad for the sound almost anywhere and in almost any amount. Yes, I know what you’re thinking - “but it’s such a good material for damping, not too soft, not too hard, and very dense. Just right.” I also concluded that the tall members of the Arcicci stand are too tall and therefore prone to moving at low frequencies due to seismic forces. As are many racks in general. That is coincidentally about the time real vibration iso stands came into vogue. Townshend, Mana, Bright Star, Vibraplane, etc.
@tooblue, thanks for the information. I happen to have a 1 1/2 " thick slab of maple from my sisters kitchen remodel; countertop. Should fit the bill for an experiment. Not sure if I'll hear a huge change as my TT is a 1985 AR with a SME III tonearm. Not quite the instrument you have in your setup but I dearly love it. I'm thinking the AR suspension may cause it to be less sensitive to a number of environmental factors.
But, one can never be sure until one actually experiments. So I will give it a go.
@tuzarupa, small world, the table I had in play when I purchased my Lead Ballon was an AR EB101 and it seemed to work well for that set up, but what did I know. I just pulled my Arcci LB out of the attic a few years ago when I bought my Prime to replace a Scoutmaster that was inside my Salamander cabinet and the Prime would not fit, I sandblasted it, powder coated, added a middle support for a shelf at dead center and installed  2" maple shelves to support my tube mono amps to let them breath also adding mass to the structure by their shear weight also replaced the Iso Physics tone cones on the bottom with Herbies Giant Threaded Stud Gliders finally loading the legs of the stand with a mix of sand and Lead shot. Although I was just looking for a temporary set up to get me by the results have been stunning allowing me to move on to other things.

My TT is a Technics SL1210M5G. I use a combination of Vibrapod Cones and Vibrapod Isolators under the turntable itself, and placed on top of a Michigan Maple butcher block cutting board. It's pretty massive at 20"w x 15"d x 3.5"h (I think it weighs as much as the turntable). I felt I needed something to isolate room vibrations from traveling up into the turntable. On the advice of a disco DJ (who used a similar turntable) I bought a pair of Fellowes silicone gel wrist pads made for computer keyboards. The DJ said they'd do a great job of keeping bassy feedback out of the signal chain.
He was right. I've had my turntable/butcher block stack resting on top of those wrist rests for around 8 years now with no desire to change anything.