Using Maple Butcher Block Under a Turntable

When using a maple butcher block under a turntable, what is below the butcher block?  Cone?  Soborthane pucks?  Does it just lay on the shelf?  What are people using and how of they mounting the block?  How are they mounting the table on the butcher block?
bpoletti
@glupson - LMAO is an abbreviation for Loose Molecular Attraction Oscillator.  It an advanced audio component that mounts next to any power outlet used for audio equipment.  It's purpose is to magnetically remove bad electrons and re-spin the remaining electrons to help remove RF and to create a more pure 60hz A/C current source.  The device uses pure natural vacuum that comes from the vacuum mines in northern Iowa.  A recent shortage of this particularly desirable vacuum was the result of a series of mine implosions.  Most of the remaining vacuum is being stored in liquid form in 7 tanker cars on a railroad siding outside Bozeman, Montana.

LMAO also stands for Laughing My Ass Off.
Question is, what if you whole table or rack are made of maple wood, do you stil need the maple wood block for the TT?
bpoletti,

Thanks for that inspiring explanation. You do have a talent. I am heading to Iowa to check out what is happening at the source.
I have a friend who has built a stainless steel bath of glycol which floats a 5 inch wrapped foam block on which his table sits. Any floor movement is self corrected by the glycol which seems to control vibration as well. I think it is a an oil. Had a problem with displacement on his proto type but seems to work remarkably well now.